Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Growing Old can be no fun- - not sure I ever want to.

As another week passes by and the Grandparents in our lives get another week older I am reminded that getting older is really no fun-- A while back I blogged about Randy Mikes dad being sick and asked for prayer for him- but there are so many others in our families that are also having medical issues. I won't list them because it is a long list -- however- It reminds me of a day when we were at my Aunt Mary's house and my Grandpa Sicard was struggling to get into a van he said it sure is Hell getting old--

Isn't it the truth though.

I am young enough-- healthy -- no real issues in life-- but most of the grandparents in our family live day to day with some type of health problem -- Many of them life threatening-- I cannot imagine waking everyday in pain or wondering if the next day will come-- Of course some people handle these things better than others-- never complaining never wondering why them-- what sets these people apart-- FAITH ?? Not sure-- I hope so-- Cause if it is maybe as I age I won't grow crabby or cynical--

I hope to be able to enjoy the little things in life that keep people going--- Visits from Grand kids even if they are only once ever six months-- getting to see your great great grandchildren--getting together for holidays with all of your kids--listening to the laughter of the young and crying with all of my old Friends--laughing at yourself and our inability to keep up with the craziness irrationality of the young etc.

Or maybe I will be a crabby old lady who hates everything and everyone- LOL

For Now I am just asking for prayers for all of the grandparents who are currently in our lives-- those who are nearing the end and those who are healthy and lively-- Many of whom do not believe in God-- some who do believe in Him but have no relationship with Jesus-- Pray that they will fall in love with Him-- and that all of them will live the rest of their days and years out in peace -- even if they are sick (that their illnesses and ailments would not overshadow their ability to enjoy life and all that great things it brings)-- that someday they too will get to enjoy the simple life in Heaven- Partying with all those that have past including my Dad--

No comments: